Solution Brief: Implementation Services
Engineering services accelerate time to value, reduce operational risk and assure dependable data and analytics
Over the past 10 years, renewable energy owners have focused on rapid growth to capture market opportunities. Today’s market influences including portfolio consolidation, aging assets and tighter cost pressures are now forcing owners to optimize to protect and accelerate invested capital while sustaining growth. Legacy systems were not designed to link operational performance to financial impact.
O&M organizations recognize the benefits of adopting scalable asset performance management platforms but have neither the time nor expertise for complex data migration and integration projects. Power Factors Implementation Services reduce risk of transitioning to a fully digital O&M platform to reduce costs and streamline process.
The Power Factors Implementation team are highly trained engineers familiar with (interfaces, API’s and wiring configurations) needed to connect the platform to new and legacy data sources. The implementation team also configures asset hierarchies and metadata frameworks and establish detailed communication plans with both customer and dedicated Power Factors success personnel.
Building a Trusted Foundation
The Power Factors platform consolidates fragmented machine data from heterogeneous sources such as legacy data acquisition systems (DAS), SCADA and OSIsoft PI System and makes it useful to people across all parts of the operations value chain.
Implementation Services teams deploy highly trained engineers to remove the burden of transitioning from a fragmented automation technology landscape to a fully digital solution. These services have been designed to reduce cost and risk of transitioning to digital operations in the following ways:
- Fit in Place Engineers review documentation of new existing systems to establish high fidelity data transmission and rectify field issues.
- Dependable Data Engineers configure connections, asset hierarchies and governance frameworks to set the foundation for high-quality data and connections to operational workflows. Data quality is assessed at milestones to instil confidence in data and analytics at each stage of the implementation.
- Meaningful Analytics As assets are onboarded, metadata such as nameplate information, vendor, work history to develop intelligence for proactive maintenance and continuous improvement are folded into the Power Factors platform
- Structured Communication Communication plans set milestones and engineering timelines for all stakeholders. Work culminates in a detailed system acceptance test that validates data integrity and platform functionality and customer sign-off. All information transitioned to a dedicated success manager.
What to Expect
Power Factors Implementation Factors follows a highly structured process to onboard assets to ensure data
fidelity when customers go live on the Power Factors platform. The engineering team is comprised of data
acquisition specialists intimately familiar with the many interface types, Original Equipment Manufacturers
(OEM) and system designs in solar, wind and storage.
Power Factors Implementation Services work closely with customers through documentation review, impementation process and architectural design to comply with all NERC-CIP regulations. For facilities larger than 75 MVA, the Power Factors toolset is designed to protect and mitigate risk to assets and data critical to maintaining grid stability. Power Factors is already in use in NERC-CIP-compliant operating centers and monitors over 20 GW of renewable assets.
- Power Factors has passed SOC audits to certify best-of-class standards are used for SaaS change management, software deployment and customer data processes
- Customers issue change tickets per internal procedures to register interfaces as a cyberasset within their defined ESP
- All data flows from device to the Power Factors platform are encrypted and outbound only. O&M operators consult SCADA and execute workflows to make operational changes.
While the need to replace fragmented data acquisition systems with scalable automation platforms is clear, O&M staff have neither the time nor expertise to handle complex data migration processes that introduce both short-term (downtime) and long-term (inaccurate information) risk.
Implementation Services are included with the Power Factors platform to help customers reduce cost and risk of deploying a solution for digital operations. Communication processes, documentation review and quality assurance tests are built into the services to ensure that customers can adapt internal systems and processes, rectify pre-existing field issues and get up and running as quickly as possible.
For More Information
To learn more about Implementation Services and how the Power Factors asset performance management platform works, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://powerfactors.com/